Sunday, April 5, 2009

So long, New England.

I'm leaving for the airport in a little bit. This is my last morning in the Harring's house. I'm sort of sad to be leaving. I love living here. I love the girls and the places to explore. I love the people I've met. I love the kitchen! And I love waking up with my BFF every morning.

The lifestyle out here has gotten me on a solid sleep schedule. I've been eating really well. Everything is so old and beautiful. I want to see summer in New Hampshire. I want to walk the streets of Boston every night. I want Concord walks and Kimball's Ice Cream.

On friday when we had Heidi's birthday dinner(which Cat and I prepared, Scallops and Leeks in Orange Star Anise sauce and a Strawberry Marscapone Torte), Heidi's dad asked me (half jokingly) what I would charge to come be his live-in chef. CHEF. It started my brain swirling at the possibility of living here over the summer, cooking and learning to cook every day, experimenting, being able to explore a new world every day. I couldn't ask for a better offer. I wish it could actually happen.

I'm sad to be leaving this place. I am looking forward to being home though. I miss my kitten and my friends. Being out here has really made me take another look at my life. I realize now I can go wherever the wind takes me and find comfort. I could move to a different city and find my way, my place. Adrian made a comment about how easy it is for me to talk to people. And it's true. I find very little difficulty in venturing out of my comfort zone and embarrassing myself. So at least I have that advantage if I ever venture out.

I hope I can hold on to the motivation this place has provided me and be able to push myself to be better. I know a lot of my friends would venture out with me. So who wants to?

No comments: