Sunday, November 30, 2008

Down to the wire.

Only two more weeks of school left. I feel like I have so much to do, but then when I look at my To Do list it seems totally manageable. My brain is so tired. I can't make any more decisions. I just want these two weeks to be over. I want to move. I want to have my own space. And I want to spend a month RELAXING. But I will definitely get bored after about a week I'm sure.

I would like to buy a lot of books. And I would like to read them. If anyone has suggestions (do NOT say Twilight), I would love to hear them.

I hope once this semester is over I can spend more time with Cody. I'm really tired of missing him.

I decided to go out on Friday for Alex's coming home party since I haven't been to a party in quite some time. It ended up being just what I needed. I got to see Madison and Sandy and Mike and all the kids. I even got to see Josh for a minute. And I made a new friend. So all in all, it was pretty worthwhile. It was nice to just put all of my everything aside for a few hours and just breathe easy.

When I came home last night, I discovered a large pet crate in my living room with small squeaks emanating from it. Upon closer inspection, I discovered two kittens sitting in front of the kennel door. Jonah decided to get two kittens without telling me. I was shocked at first, but now I've gotten used to it. I was more worried about my cat getting sick than anything. So hopefully everything will be okay. Once I move out she's going straight to the vet for a check up. I'm a totally over protective mom.

Now it's back to futzing with indesign, trying to finish my Dance Band character outline and then sweet sleep, until I get up in the morning to do chores and more homework.

1 comment:

innovative_edge said...

I'm thinking about reading a few books over Christmas break...

I want to finish Jaffe's Joining the Conversaion that we started in marketing, The Tattoo Artist, and The Architecture of Happiness.

The Tattoo Artist seems like something you might enjoy. It's about this woman who starts out in New York during the depression as an artist, but then moves to some remote island and immerses herself in the culture and ends up completely covering her body in tattoos. It's about her experience through this and the story behind all the tattoo's etc. I've started it and it's super interesting!