Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rain.

Rainy days are good thinking days.

I've had too many long empty days lately. Too many laying in bed all day in and out of sleep because I'm so sick I feel like I could check out at any minute days.

I realized I don't really have a lot to say lately. Not anything important anyways.

I sometimes wish I could mediate. I mean sure I CAN, but effectively. Instead of wasting my down time emptying my mind, I wish I could be learning to open it. There is so much still that I have yet to discover within me. It's frustrating that what is outside takes over.

I'm ready to get away. I'm ready for a new adventure in Boston. I'm ready for the familiar arms of my best friend.

I will do anything to be able to take Japanese this summer and study abroad at Temple next year. ANYTHING. That is all I need. That is the change that I need. It's a part of me and I need to be free again. I'm so tired of being restless. I'd love to yearn for this place again, but all I feel is the inability to leave holding me down. It's going to take a lot for me to say "I wish I were in Minneapolis." Probably a month away at least. We'll see how this little excursion into the unknown goes next week.

I envy all of my friends that don't have to work and can just focus on school. No one knows how badly I wish that could be me.

2 comments:

TheMOSTfresh said...

WORD! I feel you knocking baby girl.

Appreciate the advice on the tofu scramble! Danger Faint will be stoked to play with it for sure. Also, when we start getting some over-lapping free time (never) we have to get at a few jams... wok stir fry, gin and tonic cupcakes and obviously sushi again!

Cody Smiglewski said...

The kids without jobs are the ones that fuck up the hardest and drop out. Just saying.