Monday, February 2, 2009

Every place is a house.

I'm sitting at work now. Listening to Pandora Radio and staring blankly at the minutes ticking on. I am slouching. My arm is sore and my head aches and I feel so tired. I have to get up at 8am again tomorrow, just like today, just like every day, to work and have meetings and run all around and read and read and read until I am cross eyed.

I like it this way.

I've found solace in books lately. In the library. I've never been one to venture into the library just because. Now I find myself winding up there more and more.

The only things it seems I do for fun are so inane. I like to bake and cook. I like to read. Those are my hobbies. Nothing exciting. But yet so exhilarating to me.

I commented the other day that if my 19 year old self were to meet my 21 year old self she would say "You have GOT to be kidding me. When did you get so.... boring?"

In reality, I feel like I've probably never been able to have this much fun. Because I relish it now. I'm never bored unless I'm forced to sit. And even then I am thinking. Or reading. Or writing. Or plotting my next dish or cupcake.

I feel like I'm really using my mind again. Like I've learned to live in and out side of myself.

Logic and tranquility are in no short supply these days. I feel sure and courageous again. Self doubt is vanishing. It is a good feeling.

Here's to more in the future.

2 comments:

Derek said...

lovely.

Niki Burger said...

Sounds like you've finally learned to live by yourself. Fancy that feeling. It is wonderful.